Re: New Jetta on VWVortex (was Re: List Member Stickers)

I can't think of any reason to put a VR6 from a new Jetta into an A3 Jetta,
but, of course, that doesn't mean that a reason doesn't exist.  However,
there is something else about the VR6 in the new Jetta that has me curious.
If my memory is correct, VW claims that the VR6 in the new Jetta has a
different intake manifold than that which came on the A3 Jettas, & this
intake manifold accounts for the improved horsepower & torque of the VR6 in
the new Jetta.  I believe that this intake manifold operates in a similar
manner to the Schrick manifold.

If this is the case, & it can be made to fit, a used intake manifold from a
new Jetta VR6 could be an inexpensive alternative to the Schrick unit for
those of us with A3 cars.  Admittedly, this is looking a few years down the
road, but because all of my money goes to support my racing habit, I'm
always willing to look at anything to get more power out of my GLX without
spending a lot of money.  Even if it means I have to wait & keep one eye on
the junkyards.

Michael Keith
Pasadena, TX
'98 Jetta GLX