Re: In-Dash CD Players...

I replaced my stereo with an Alpine CD controller AM/FM cassette unit,
along with an Alpine 6 disk player in the trunk. It was easy to install
and required no wire cutting as I used an Alpine to VW adapter. It
sounds excellent, looks right at home and the lighting is green to match
the dash lights. The important thing with any after market unit is to
get the right antenna adapter, otherwise the powered antenna won't get
turned on. I also think Blaupunkt units look good in German cars (they
should). When I was in Germany last spring I also bought replacement
speakers from Magnat at a D&W store (an awesome place) that were direct
replacements. They sound great and have much higher power ratings than
the factory speakers. The factory speakers aren't that bad but the
magnets on them are tiny.

John
94 GLX