In-Dash CD Players...

I've been thinking lately about replacing my stereo
with a brand-new in-dash CD player.  I have a
'98 Jetta GLX (11/97 build) with the 10-speaker
BOSE stereo (Panasonic built head unit).

Which aftermarket head units fit the dashboard the
best?  I would like to keep the stereo as flush as
possible.  Some folks mention about the Blaupunkt's
have a nice square face to them, but my main concern
there is does the edge of the face stick out at all?
I guess I also have to worry if the head-unit is
compatible with the BOSE amp/speakers when dealing
with Ohms... right?

Suggestions?

Thanks,

-Chuck Simpson