Re: [Fwd: SCARRRYY!!!!] (also a racing story at the end)

At 11:18 AM -0500 10/14/98, S. Joseph Mann wrote:

>I'm going to stand up and say;
>"IDIOT, SLOW THE FUCK DOWN!!".  It's that simple.

What would you say if I told you that I drank two six packs, smoked four
joints, two lines of cocaine, swallowed a roofie, and took two tabs of acid
before deciding to take my car to 125Mph last night?

You see, I was trying to get my car/driver combination back to the way I
could have driven my Toyota Corolla (the one I had before my GLX) at
125Mph, and had to take all those drugs to equalize the situation.

I'm clearly exaggerating to make my point, as I believe George of the
Jungle was doing. As Butthead would say, "Settle down, Beavis!"

Now for a little road story.

OK, I'm turning around a corner headed home, and I see a Corrado in front
of me (can't tell if it's a G60 or a SLC)... Anyhow, I floor it to catch up
to him. Before I can catch him, he takes a right turn at the green light
turning yellow.

By the time I get to where he was, the light has turned red, and he's
turned right, around the corner. I come to a complete stop, and seeing no
traffic I floor it around the corner, my tires making a short, but audible
schreech.

I get into the left hand lane, as he's in the right hand lane, I want to
know if the driver is better than me off the line, as I know the SLC will
whop me in an even fight, yet if it's a G60, I'll kick his boot-ee. So by
now, I'm driving up even to him.

Well, alas, instead of coming to stop at the light, he's taking a right
onto the freeway onramp, but I apparently took him by surprise, because he
was looking over his left shoulder at me, and he had a priceless look on
his face before he got on the freeway-- because one second, there's noone
else behind him, and the next moment, I've laid some rubber behind him, and
he's like 'what the hell was that?!'. Well, I'm sure he got a good glimpse
at GLX VR6 on the back of my Jetta as he veered away to get on the freeway.

Put the fear of VW back into that guy. And not just any VW, a four door VW.
I love my GLX. :)

-Khan (still thinking about the look on that guys face--- :)

Khan Klatt <kklatt@nw.verio.net>                             Verio Northwest
Network Engineer                                    Bellingham Branch Office
Tel 800.591.2757 x 13                                    725 N. State Street
Fax 360.738.8315                                        Bellingham, WA 98225