Re: [Fwd: SCARRRYY!!!!]

Ok guys, (George and Michael)

George, You're not getting my Bud Light, and Michael, you're right, its more fun
to fight (compete). And I think that's were this kind of bickering comes form.
A key characteristic of many of us (Car enthusiasts) is a heightened level of
competition.  And since we can not always compete directly with each other on
the street or track, it tends to come out in our emails.  YES, I can be an
asshole. I'll be the first to admit it.  Now George, I'm sure your a great guy
and a talented racer. But when someone comes out and says they almost lost
control of a perfectly derivable car, on four separate occasions, on public
roads, in the proximity of other vehicles, I'm going to stand up and say;
"IDIOT, SLOW THE FUCK DOWN!!".  It's that simple.  I'm sure your a great guy,
but your story did not show a great deal of intelligence that evening.  Just
chill until you replace the crappy stock suspension. Don't do 10/10ths (as
Michael puts it) on public roads.  As for Canyon runs, I lived in Costa Mesa, in
Orange Co. for a year on a consulting gig.  I did a number of canyon runs in my
GLX with the ass hanging out all over the place, and I've taken my ex-girlfriend
GTI though a beautiful sweeping 90 degree turn sideways.  But there was no one
around. I endangered no ones life but my own.

Oh, Michael, I do live in Texas, Austin.  And I run a little VW club here.  As a
matter of fact, we're having a meeting this weekend at Rudy's BBQ on N 183. If
you're in the neighbor hood feel free to stop by.  That goes for anyone in the
area.

You're all good guys, and I wish you the best of luck on the TRACK.

Joe
President, AustinVW Club