Re: Trade in value of GLX

John,

I've been curious about this myself. I will be upgrading to an Audi TT,
A4 or S4 next year. Edmunds is usually pretty accurate, and yahoo has a
nice interface to Edmunds info. Kelly Blue Book's site is usually right
in line with Edmunds as well.  I would truly like to know what the Banks
NADA loan value is. The following is what I came up with for my car.
Stock 95 GLX, Sequoia Green (metallic), cloth, weather package, Stock
BBS wheels.

http://verticals.yahoo.com/edmunds/Volkswagen/

4 Dr GLX Sedan                                 Trade-In  Market
Vehicle Base Value  \                           $12,316  $15,395
Equipment Adjustments
	Metallic Paint                             +162     +162
Total Equipment Adjustments                     $12,478  $15,557
Mileage Adjustment (33,000 Miles)                  +248     +248
Total Vehicle Value                             $12,726  $15,805

www.kbb.com
TRADE-IN VALUE (Good)                                    $12,544

A "good" vehicle rating means that the vehicle is free of any major
defects. The paint, body and interior have only minor (if any)
blemishes, and there are no major mechanical problems. In states where
rust is a problem, this should be very minimal, and a deduction should
be made to correct it. The tires have substantial tread wear left. A
clean title history is assumed. A "good" vehicle may need some
reconditioning to be sold at retail, however major reconditioning should
be deducted from the value. Many cars owned by consumers fall into this
category.

Trade-in value represents what you might expect to receive from a dealer
for this consumer owned vehicle. Keep in mind that the dealer must then
absorb the cost of making the vehicle ready for sale, advertising, sales
commissions, arranging financing and insurance and standing behind the
vehicle for any mechanical or safety problems.