Re: Car troubles are fun when rent+car+insurance are due

Thanks very much for your response!
   I'm going to most likely end up simply bringing the GLX in to the VW
dealer with a few quarts of Mobil 1 5/30 (I've been using Mobil 1 10/40
on my '84 GLi, and it seems to work fine) and have them do it. When I'm
less pressed for time, I'll investigate a local source for the Bosch oil
filters, since I find it's much easier to change the oil myself.
   I'll also be bringing the GLi in to my mechanic's in two days or so,
and have him check out the battery/alternator situation. In the meantime,
I'm going to go in myself and pull up carpetting and such to see if I can
find any leaks down there under the dash. If I can find one and can find
a decent replacement hose from a local parts shop, then all the better.
If not, well, the car's going in anyways.
   Tell me, do you know anything about decent replacement brake pads for
the stock GLX brakes? Ferrodo are a good brand, I know, but someone else
may have more experience than I.
   Anyhow, thanks a great deal for your response. Every bit helps!!!
- -T

          //=-           -=Thomas J. Boyer=-           -=\\
         //              -=cyng@lamere.net=-              \\
         \\      -=Tsaim Kurros - pen.mip.net 4000=-      //
          \\=-  -=Cyng Swiftwind - csc.lni.net 4000=-  -=//