Re: new GLX paint problems

Good lord, man, don't let them even touch it!!  You know how bad our
dealers are (well, maybe you don't if you are a new owner, but I'm
telling you, 90% suck -- big time), they can barely fix mechanical
things, much less things that require a certain amount of carefulness
and an eye.  (I never let them wash it, put things on it, lean on it, or
touch it in any way)

First of all, I guess you now know that you shouldn't have taken the car
without looking it over VERY CLOSELY.  I don't want to come off as an
idiot, I just mentioned this because any dealer that told me I couldn't
look at the car until after I signed would NOT be getting my business.
*You* are paying *them* for a product, you should get to see it (all)
before you decide to drop 20K+ on it.

Second, do what you can yourself -- try paint cleaning clay first.  Any
kind from a reputable company will do.  It is amazing stuff, and may
take that crap off.

If that doesn't work (or doesn't *completely* work), then try stuff
called "Scratch Out" from a company called KIT.  It is just a cheap
polish available almost anywhere.  Then you can cover the area with
polish and wax.

That is as far as I would go with a car that new.  Mine had the same
stuff and the clay alone took it off.  If you must, let them try to buff
it out, but realize that you are going to have millions of little
scratches from the buffer (these can be removed mostly with scratch
out).  Although if your car is a darker color, you'll be able to see
them more.  If it isn't done to your satisfaction, go for a new car.
You paid for a new one because you wanted it perfect, and that is what
you should get.

Do not, under any circumstances, let them paint it!  You know that they
can't really make it the same as the factory paint and you'll never be
happy with it.

good luck
-erik

BTW, I have a '97 Black GLX that had that stuff, and tiny scratches all
over it from their idiot "detailers" (even though I told them not to
even touch it when it came off the truck).  I accepted the car because
it was the second one to come in for me, I waited for six months and I
figured I could fix it (which I did -- about a week of CONSTANT
attention).  Needless to say, I'm a freak about my paint, so what is
terrible for me may be acceptable for you -- but still, don't let them
paint it -- you'll regret it later.