Re: New List Ideas & Hellos (was RE: Garret Chip Question)

At 1:20 PM -0400 8/31/98, Wally Green wrote:

>I'm presently working with several people to set up and run a new GTI/GLX
>list. It will be set up largely like a "forum" on CompuServe, if you've ever
>tried one of those then you'd know what it's like. Basically, people post
>messages, questions, and replies to the "bulletin board" under various topic
>headings, like, "performance mods", "aesthetic mods", suspensions (yikes!),
>etc. There will be a static volume limit to the individual topics, so it'll
>be old messages out, new ones in, etc. Other than that, there's no
>administration to speak of, and no censorship. I may actually invest some of
>my own $$$ to get it off the ground.
>
>If anyone's interested in helping, just let me know.

Wally, cool idea, but can you tell me what the unique (i.e. value
proposition) things that the Compuserve forum bring to the table, and how
much it will cost?

I have my own server on the Internet, and I can certainly host something of
this sort. I can put up a "Web Board" script on my web server, and even
hack some popular scripts up to do exactly what you want...

So what exactly is it that you're looking for... can you point us to some
forums that will give us an idea of what to look for?

-Khan

--
Khan Klatt
1997 VW Jetta GLX, Emerald Green