New List Ideas & Hellos (was RE: Garret Chip Question)

> Well look who's back in town!  Hello Wally!

Hey dude, howszit going??

> Wally I think you mean "A tabula rasa, so to speak."??

Mmm-hmm. Never said I was a great typist!  ;)

> And yes it is sort of, do you have any other place where
> experience prevails?

I'm presently working with several people to set up and run a new GTI/GLX
list. It will be set up largely like a "forum" on CompuServe, if you've ever
tried one of those then you'd know what it's like. Basically, people post
messages, questions, and replies to the "bulletin board" under various topic
headings, like, "performance mods", "aesthetic mods", suspensions (yikes!),
etc. There will be a static volume limit to the individual topics, so it'll
be old messages out, new ones in, etc. Other than that, there's no
administration to speak of, and no censorship. I may actually invest some of
my own $$$ to get it off the ground.

If anyone's interested in helping, just let me know.

This mode of operation works great on CompuServe. It will solve alot of the
problems inherent in the free-for-all that is the Majordomo Listserver. The
GTI list got crazy, with repetition up the ying-yang, and all kinds of
bickering and garbage. There will be a FAQ on my new list, as well as some
general operating procedures.

It's going to be great. I predict tumble weeds will be blowing across the
GTI list in no time. A deserted town. Brings a smile to my face!  ;)  Once
all that is done, I can get going again with my plans for world
domination.....heh-heh.

Can one of you guys forward this to the GTI list. I don't post there
anymore.  ;)

Wally G.
coolwally@msn.com