RE: doh! -Reply

If any of you knows *anything* about GPS, it is a system for determining
position relative to several (17?) satellites around the globe.  It is a
one-way system, i.e. the satellites transmit their info to the receivers
(GPS units, etc), not the other way around.  The part in this message about
the car talking back to *anything* is complete BS and speculation.  I have
heard before that there would be some GPS integration into the next-gen OBD,
but nothing as ridiculous as this.  I *think* GPS can also determine
altitude as well, so possibly the ECU could benefit from some knowledge of
the car's altitude.  The other thing I heard (more speculation) was that the
GPS functionality could be used to verify that emissions related work was
being performed at an *authorized* service location, determined by Lat/Long.

Matt Cleland					cleland@stlnet.com
98 Jetta GLX
Black/Biber