Re: Pre-Screen Filter question

>Well guys, I got early this morning and removed the pre-screen filter.  I
>decided to wait overnight to let the engine cool down, I got burnt the last
>time I tried to work on the filter.  Anyway, I cut out the screen and while
>putting the box in I happen to drop the one screw that holds the air tunnel
>in the airbox.  I thought it fell to the ground, but it didn't.  It got
>stuck somewhere below.  So in the meantime I got another screw out the
>garage to hold it in place.  Should I be worried about the screw? Will it do
>any damage?  BTW the results are great.  I notice that my low end feels much
>better.  I would recommend it, especially with the K&N filter.
 This could possibly be either harmless of deadly. Worst-case scenario:
the
screw gets sucked under the timing belt or the drivebelt, cuts it, dead
VR6.
On the other hand, it might just fall out. I would suggest turning the
car on
and driving slowly and old-lady-like to an area of large bumps. Ram over
the
bumps really hard. Might dislodge and drop the screw.
 I dropped the clamp which holds the air pump's little hose to the front
of
the air box when putting in the K+N. I ran slowly around the parking lot,
taking very sharp turns and going hard over some bumps to try to dislodge
it
from wherever it had fallen. I was really scared for a while ... until I
once
more (a few days later) opened the air box and saw it sitting on top of
the
K+N. Doh! At that instant, I knew that I had put it there so that I
wouldn't
forget it when I put the air box back together. I felt stupid.
-T

         /|     -=Thomas J. Boyer<cyng@lamere.net>=-     |\
         \|      -=Tsaim Kurros<pen.mip.net 4000>=-      |/