FW: doh! -Reply

     I sent the info about the new VW warranty enforcement to a friend and
     he sent me back this info.  Pretty shocking.

Also, the new OBD-III will be hooked into GPS.  It records top speed
information, location on whereabouts, and also be hooked into the OBD-III
chip.  When the OBD-III sensor is tripped and the 'check engine' light is
engaged, this information is also sent to the GPS satellite.  The DMV can
query this information, and retrieve top vehicle speeds and if they are
excessive, report them to the insurance company through VIN
interpretation.  They can also send you a letter stating to get your
emissions checked by the tripped check engine light, and you will have to
go to the emissions station and get it rectified.

Law enforcement benefits:

during a high speed chase, if that may be the case, they officer can
relay your tag# to an onboard computer system hooked into GPS.  The
GPS can then tap into your ECU, and either slow you down or
temporarily disable the vehicle.

Suck's eh?