Engine Washing and Car Washing in Public Washes -Reply

Pressure washers are good for cleaning rims and rinsing your car off.

A pressure washer seems like a bad idea on the engine ! ! Why wash
the engine anyway?  Read the manual it says something like..." if you
wash the engine make sure you recoat all surfaces with a sealant to
prevent corrosion..."

Do it by hand with a little squirt bottle or something.

The distributor on the old VR6 engine is on the battery side and looks like
a black plastic bell with all the plug wires hanging off it with two metal
clamps holding the bell.  Oh yeah it is attached to the head near where
the camshaft is.

Omar
97 GTI
92 SLC (distributor hall sensor one went bad and had to change it...
easy)
>>> "George Achorn" <coolidge@tidalwave.net> 10/08/97 09:45pm >>>
Hey All,
	I had the J at a public car wash today to clean off the road soot,
and
noticed in the bay next to me the owner of the place in his dorky Bond
Z3,
hood up cleaning the engine bay.
	Second, I am fairly certain my '94 Jetta is distributorless, however
I am
not so certain if my '93 Corrado is (mfg. date 1/93) how can I determine if
it is distributorless or not and if so, what do I do when cleaning the
Corrado's engine different from when I clean the J, if indeed I do have a
distributor on the C?