Audi A4 2.8 Impressions (kinda long)

Well my mom has decided to purchase yet another car.  It seems the
Porsche lack of four doors (not to mention the $3k seal job it needs)
will forever place the car into weekend driving status only.  So off she
and I went to the VW/Audi dealer where I purchased my GLX (Metro VW/Audi
in San Diego, CA...VERY GOOD DEALERSHIP!).  We looked at a blue (I
forget the exact name) A4 2.8 Quattro w/Tiptronic.  The interior was,
shall I say, incredible!  Light Beige leather with dark blue/wood trim.
Everything was a really nice shade of blue (dashboard, floormats
(STANDARD!), doors, etc.).  The wood was extremely high quality looking
and definately very upscale.  The Tiptronic shifter is made out of
polished aluminium and adds a sporty flavor to the interior.  All the
buttons, controls are of incredible quality.  Rear seating room is not
as good as my GLX, but is tolerable for shorter distances.

     Anyways, enough of the interior stuff...Let's go driving.  My
mother drove the car at first and after the first jaunt (the woman
drives FAST! She drives a 911 normally okay?), it was my turn.  First
off I will have to say the engine doesn't sound as sweet as my VR6.  It
has a turbine-like sound that is very subdued.  Probably due to the
nature of the car.  Power is more than able (especially when in
tiptronic mode), and when you punch it, the car definately takes off.
The engine is still a little soft down below, but it scream to the
redline.  I cannot say enough good things about the quattro.  The car is
just so stable and controlled it's incredible.  I can't picture any of
the wheels getting loose.  Steering is precise and controlled.  The car
is fairly quite and the ride is firm but not harsh.  The quality of this
car is far and wide ahead of my little GLX but one should expect that in
a $34k car.  Well I gotta go now....

Mark

ps.  She will be picking one up in Germany towards the end of this year.