RE: How to fix our problems

Byron is a former Laker and as such should never be allowed anywhere near the Celtics. I hate everything 'Laker' as do many true Celtic fans. Why anyone would ever want someone like Byron, who has admitted he hates the Celtics, coaching this team is beyond me. I don't care if he was the best coach in the league. I'd still think he sucks.

From: "Enrile, Roy" <renrile@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <celtics@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: How to fix our problems
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 17:48:42 -0800

Sure, I see where you're coming from.  Yes I've seen a lot Byron's
in-game coaching, but am not conviced he's poor at his job.  His style
is just like Larry (coach of the year) Bird.  They both relied on good
assistants, and weren't constantly overcoaching like Pitino.  Maybe
Byron is also like Larry in believing in preparing guys well with
practice/gameplan before the game, then trusting them.

He should get to share some of the credit(along with the assistants, and
mostly the players), of the Nets yearly success.  This year's early
struggles, then success with Frank, could have been personal friction
with Scott and Kidd, instead of bad coaching.  That's what Thorn
implied.  Riley, Brown, VanGundy, and other coaches have publicly
endorsed Scott.  Former teammates say he's smart and they knew he'd
become a coach.  He and Paul are Inglewood boys.

My main point was I see his Kings/Nets background, and can't think of
anyone available who has more practical experience with Danny's vision.

-----Original Message----- From: owner-celtics@xxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-celtics@xxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Kim Malo

Hmmm, I must seem like I'm just on the hunt for things to disagess with

lately, but still... Roy - have you ever watched Byron coach, like even
in
a game? His assistants ran *everything* from what I saw and as a lot of
media reports stated. With the evidence this year, between what happened

when he lost Jordan and when Frank took over, backing that idea. So I
wouldn't hire him, if not for the controversy based (Lakerdom and his
comments about Boston) reasons you probably expected.

Kim

Take off on a romantic weekend or a family adventure to these great U.S. locations. http://special.msn.com/local/hotdestinations.armx