Re: Juwan Howard?

I mentioned Drew before. I agree with your knocks on his game. However, I think that if your building a team Gooden is the kind of piece of the pie you want. Young, has shown the ability to block shots, rebound, and score. He has put up some monster numbers at various points. Despite what we think of Mihm, he has never really done this. I would be willing to give up a fair bit for Gooden and if Ainge were to make a deal for him, I would feel that we were really on the right road. With Gooden, you get solid production now (he would be the best PF on this team now and given a choice I would take him over Raef next year but him backing up Raef for a year would be better).

Tammo29@xxxxxxx wrote:

To summarize, I think it would be a good trade, though slightly

disappointing that we couldn't do a little better (Dampier & NVE)....

DJessen33<<<<<<<<<
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I pretty much agree with your post. I've watched Howard quit a bit both in Denver and in Orlando. He has a bad rep, but I think that has a lot to do with his previous contract. He's really not bad, although this possible trade doesn't have me jumping for joy. The one thing I have noticed is he really doesn't get a lot of respect from the officials. That's not good when you're talking about an inside presence. Someone mentioned Drew Gooden. Although I love Drew, right now Howard is the better player. (Andy, if you're reading this don't be angry with me.) Drew is a liability on defense, much more than Howard, and he tends to force things when he doesn't see the ball enough. If he ever gets these two weaknesses in his game straightened out he could be a fantastic player. The problem is I don't think Ainge is in the position to take on any more "potential" players, he needs talent now. The thing that scares me about Garrity is that he was supposed to be back this season but they discovered he needed a second surgery. I really didn't follow it all that closely, but you have to wonder about that situation. Especially since the Magic need outside shooters so desperately. Why are they willing to give up the best one they have on their roster? Mike Gorman seems convinced that some deal is going down in the next two days. He even said at one time last night he expected a statement after the game, but then he took that back later on. I'd be happier with the VanExel/Dampier deal too. I saw VanExel absolutely take over games when he was in Denver, both passing and shooting. Yeah, he takes some wild shots, but he makes a lot of them. His defense is hot and cold. When he wants to play it, watch out. He and Raef worked pretty well together in Denver when McDyess was out a few years ago. Oh well, I guess we'll just have to sit back and see what happens. Maybe Danny has come up with something totally out of left field to surprise us all.

TAM