Re: Juwan Howard?

>>>To summarize,  I think it would be a good trade, though slightly
disappointing that we couldn't do a little better (Dampier & NVE)....

DJessen33<<<<<<<<<
               I pretty much agree with your post.  I've watched Howard quit
a bit both in Denver and in Orlando.  He has a bad rep, but I think that has a
lot to do with his previous contract.  He's really not bad, although this
possible trade doesn't have me jumping for joy.  The one thing I have noticed is
he really doesn't get a lot of respect from the officials.  That's not good
when you're talking about an inside presence.
                                            Someone mentioned Drew Gooden.
Although I love Drew, right now Howard is the better player.  (Andy, if you're
reading this don't be angry with me.)  Drew is a liability on defense, much
more than Howard, and he tends to force things when he doesn't see the ball
enough.  If he ever gets these two weaknesses in his game straightened out he
could be a fantastic player.  The problem is I don't think Ainge is in the
position to take on any more "potential" players, he needs talent now.  The thing
that scares me about Garrity is that he was supposed to be back this season but
they discovered he needed a second surgery.  I really didn't follow it all that
closely, but you have to wonder about that situation.  Especially since the
Magic need outside shooters so desperately.  Why are they willing to give up
the best one they have on their roster?

   Mike Gorman seems convinced that some deal is going down in the next two
days.  He even said at one time last night he expected a statement after the
game, but then he took that back later on.  I'd be happier with the
VanExel/Dampier deal too.                      I saw VanExel absolutely take over games
when he was in Denver,  both passing and shooting.  Yeah, he takes some wild
shots, but he makes a lot of them.  His defense is hot and cold.  When he wants
to play it, watch out.  He and Raef worked pretty well together in Denver when
McDyess was out a few years  ago.     Oh well, I guess we'll just have to sit
back and see what happens.    Maybe Danny has come up with something totally
out of left field to surprise us all.

TAM