Re: Bulpett: Real Good News: C's After Barry

He won't be playing shooting guard. He'll be playing point guard. We can
debate whether or not he's a point guard, but that's the position he'll
play in Boston. Ainge sees him as the big, shooting, passing point guard
that will take control of the offense. I hope he's right. I love players
like Brent Barry - unselfish and incredibly efficient. Is he a point
guard? Is Mike James? Is Marcus Banks?

As for Juwan Howard, I'm relieved it isn't happening. Tammo, your post
this morning pretty much sums up my feelings about it. I could
understand it. I think you could make a case for it (I tried to
yesterday), but my heart just isn't behind a trade for Juwan Howard
unless there's a big-time sweetener involved. He'd be OK. He's not the
answer, and we'd all be biding our time until they trade him for
something better. Anyway, I'm glad it's not happening (assuming today's
news is accurate).

Back to the Seattle deal ... It sounds like they might be expanding the
trade. The available names in Seattle are Vladimir Radmanovic, Calvin
Booth, Jerome James, Vitaly Potapenko and Flip Murray. Rad is an
undersized, three-point shooting power forward. Most observers believe
his best position is small forward, but he can't play there in Seattle
because Rashard Lewis is there. He'd play power forward in Boston, too.
Sounds like something between Walter and Antoine. Booth, Potapenko and
James are overpaid centers. Seattle has been overpaying bad big men for
a decade. James and Vitaly have one more year on their contracts. Booth
has three more. For that reason, we don't want Booth. Murray is really
interesting. He put up some huge numbers while Ray Allen was hurt
earlier this season, but has struggled in a greatly reduced role off the
bench. He's kind of a combo guard. I think he could be a Cuttino
Mobley-like player off the bench.