Re: The Celtics Report HOOPSWORLD.com NBA News and Information

Greg,
I hardly ever post (time must be spent, unfortunately,
on more important things and not the diversion that is
this list), but you hit upon a few good points.  First
off, to those who can't go to the links that Josh and
others provide, can I sound a loud "who gives a fuck"?
 If you can get email, you can go to the links.  If
your email doesn't support email links, cut and paste
the link into your universal resource locator (that
is, the bar at top that has the address of the page
you are currently on).  And if you just get email but
not the internet . . . come on, it is (as Greg pointed
out) 2003 . . . spend the extra cash and get
connected.  If you can't/won't then, honestly, you're
dead to me (in the best way possible).  You're like
those cheap old men and women that have had the same
glasses for 20 years.  Change is good, it'll keep you
young and keep the yound from laughing at you (as I
laugh at anyone that can't get to Josh's links).  As
for those links...yes, Josh, it wouldn't kill you to
post your article instead of posting the link only.  I
share your disdain for those that can't go to the
site.  Likewise, I understand your loyalty to the
hoopsworld site and how you want people to actually
visit that site (thus no posting of site articles,
Greg) instead of just getting handed the article via
email.  So, no, Josh isn't stubborn or immature, but
instead is trying to balance his allegiances.
Hoopsworld needs visitors because only visitors keep
the site alive...and when the site is alive, Josh gets
to write for it.  See the logic?  You are both making
good points.  The easiest thing to do to keep up both
site visits up and list happiness at a maximum would
be for the poor few out there who can't get the
internet but can get email to make themselves known
and every time there is some web-based link, someone
(perhaps Greg, since you seem to be the voice of the
underprivileged) could personally email the article in
question to them.  This would free up the list in
general because there is already too much crap
floating around.  Which brings me to my next point.
Yes, Greg is right, the season predictions are
loathsome and the weekly updates unnecessary.  I'd
like to make the argument that the act of making a
prediciton in some ways lessons the purity of being a
fan, but as I mentioned earlier, I have no time.  Let
me just say that if you want to make a prediction and
find out what others have predicted, Snoopy has a fine
web-site that should be able to accomodate you.
Otherwise let's try to keep the list dedicated to
earnest and substantial Celtic's related discussion
(much like this was *smile*).  And if you can't get to
Snoopy's website?  You're dead to me.

Ryan