From: Snoopy the Celtics Beagle <snoopy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Celtics@xxxxxxxx
Subject: getting the story straight
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 05:54:35 -0400

You know, I'd just started thinking how quiet it was, then Greg and Shawn
piped up.  Time to make corrections, as neither of them seems to have the
faintest idea what's going on.  I'd hate to think that anyone believes the
garbage they're spouting, so here we go...

At 11:20 PM 9/28/03 -0400, Shawn Niles wrote:
>I supported Greg privately. I'll do it now publicly. The extra e-mail
>thing for predictions is foolish. I know that Snoopy is happy with his
>little site but quite frankly there's not a whole lot of need for it. I
>figure it is something he does to try and pass the time in his retirement.

Funny thing that the two public posts from you and Greg are the only
comments I've heard from ANYONE complaining about the site/predictions.  In
Greg's case, I've made it clear to him I don't want any private e-mail from
him--excepting the predictions, should he choose to make one.

I started the CBW in 2001, while I still worked a full time job.  My
"retirement", as you so patronizingly refer to it, is a result of a
combination of serious health problems, the details of which are none of
your business.

As to the perceived lack of need, several people have complimented me on
making a site that doesn't take forever to load up on the computers of
those not blesses with high-speed connections, while still giving them the
info they're looking for.  My game reviews--while not up to the standards
of a Bill Cooper--are appreciated, based on e-mail received.  There's been
over 3,000 visits to a site that I don't advertise beyond these
environs.  Yet if you check on Google for "Celtics Beagle", you'll find my
site near the top of the list, several times.  One fellow even has it on
his list of sports-related links.

>Thats fine and more power to him. But it does get annoying when we are
>directed to visit it in every one of his e-mails. And then he creates a
>separate e-mail for predictions to try and 'force' us in a way to use the
>website. No thanks.

Wrong again. I choose to add a signature line at the bottom of my e-mail asking people to visit my site. You can ignore it, since it's at the very bottom of the post.

I created a separate e-mail for predictions to make it easier to keep track
of the predictions.  Last season, I had to wade through a few long posts
with the prediction buried in a one line sentence somewhere.  Some people
had to re-send predictions because the original e-mails never arrived on
the list.  In no way does sending me an e-mail "force" anyone to use my
website.  That's just silly, and I would have thought anyone with the
wherewithal to use a computer competently would know that.

>If I make a prediction i'll do it as I have done in the past... right
>here. And then i'll probably forget all about it as I usually do, and I
>imagine most do , who lead regular lives.

Among other things, your post is imaginative.  Those other things include:
wrong, offensive, sloppily researched, uninformed, mistaken, infantile and
pointless.

If you had bothered to read all of my posts--you know, the part above the
signature line you seem obsessed about--you's have known that I said that
if people were determined to post their predictions here, they could.  It
just might take me longer to locate them and add them to the
list.  Likewise, had you bothered to pay attention to what you ostensibly
read, you'd remember that last season, I posted the periodic prediction
updates to the list specifically for people who only have e-mail, but not
website, access.

Ok, having attempted to numerate the many errors in Shawn's post, we move
on to Greg...

>>From: "Greg Odegaard" <grodeg@xxxxxxxxxx>
>>To: "Jim Metz" <jimmetz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Celtics List" <Celtics@xxxxxxxx>
>>Subject: Re: The Celtics Report HOOPSWORLD.com NBA News and
>>Information
>>Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 20:08:54 -0700
>>
>>...And thanks to those who have emailed supporting my comments about the
>>preseason predictions emails/format.

Presuming for a moment that you're not lying through your teeth--a
presumption that I do not consider a given--it's amazing that none of these
mysterious supporters have bothered to speak to me directly.  It's not like
I'm hard to contact, as Shawn so charmingly pointed out.

>>Give it a rest until at least mid
>>October, and using the list in the past has worked quite fine, and lastly we
>>don't need weekly or worse updates. No one cares that much, or maybe not.

 From where I sit, looking back on positive e-mails dating back to last
season, you don't speak for everyone.  I've been pretty tolerant of your
particular brand of idiocy before, but you long since proved you're
incapable of behaving like an intelligent being.  Don't ever presume to
tell me what to do, you snivelling little pest.  You don't have the brains,
maturity, position or privilege of even attempting to decide anything for
me.  There are only two people on these lists who have any authority to
dictate the occasions and/or content of my posts and those are the
listowners.

I don't like you.  I don't want anything to do with you.  If it weren't for
my beliefs that the predictions should include everyone, I'd never let your
sorry name sully any part of my site, you've been such an imbecile.  Post
your prediction where you please, if you want.  Then, as far as me, or my
site, is concerned, shut up.

Snoopy the Celtics Beagle

Instant message during games with MSN Messenger 6.0. Download it now FREE! http://msnmessenger-download.com