RE: Is there life after . . .

You wrote...........

How can we trade Williams and hope to have the same team maturity in
floor-spirit as well as in the locker room?  After Pierce, Williams
is presently our second voice, maybe even about to be our second scorer.
His contributions to this team have always been underrated.  As Brown
characteristically returned to wimp mode last night, and as journeyman
Jones continues to rehab, Williams validated his role as Captain of our
life- support system.  Character, character.

Trade Williams and our team sings a whole different fight song.  Trade
Battie, and our 4/5 combinations lose a step... not even considering
future injuries.

Please, Danny, don't trade either of these two guys just yet... especially
for head cases like Griffin.

Egg

I don't like trading EW either, but my reasons are different. EW has never
been used right. He's a good all-around player, not great, but he has one
remarkable, unique skill. He can draw fouls. He drives into the lane and
draws the foul better than anyone I have seen since Adrian Dantly. When he
comes in the game you have to give him the ball and let him work 4 or 5
times right away. More often than not he will score a few points and get
someone in foul trouble. This is a really effective tactic in a lot of
situations.

Good coaching is about getting players to do what they do well, and only
that. EW can have a big impact in short minutes if everybody understands his
role.

joshr