Re: Is there life after . . .

< What a pleasing beginning, albeit against a weak sister.  Cheers, >
 -  Gene (Tyler)

Last night's game was really pleasing, albeit against a crippled team.
As many posters have voiced, the trading of Walker appears to be
addition by subtraction despite his (gag) big Dallas stats last night.

AW will likely, out of pride, have a terrific season.  Meanwhile, the
Walker trade will surely go down as Danny's shining moment ahead
of new additions Banks, James, Welsch, and I will take a stab in the
dark, and add Jones to that list.

We will be better off without AW... thanks in part to the unexpected
resurgence of Vin Baker, one of the NBA's nicest people, and
looking more and more like the probable difference-maker to this
year's team.  Vin will never be worth his contract to us, but his
contributions, assuming he continues his recent play, will be of
significant value to our team.  Go Vin!

BATTIE/WILLIAMS

Wish the Battie/Williams trade rumors were not true... but they are.
I am hearing rumors now that a Battie trade is a fait accompli,
assuming he passes his physical, which is the present big IF.

How can we trade Battie and hope to have the same depth at the
now fun to watch 4 and 5 rotation?

How can we trade Williams and hope to have the same team maturity in
floor-spirit as well as in the locker room?  After Pierce, Williams
is presently our second voice, maybe even about to be our second scorer.
His contributions to this team have always been underrated.  As Brown
characteristically returned to wimp mode last night, and as journeyman
Jones continues to rehab, Williams validated his role as Captain of our
life- support system.  Character, character.

Trade Williams and our team sings a whole different fight song.  Trade
Battie, and our 4/5 combinations lose a step... not even considering
future injuries.

Please, Danny, don't trade either of these two guys just yet... especially
for head cases like Griffin.

Egg