From: owner-celtics@xxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-celtics@xxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Josh Ozersky
Sent: Friday, November 21, 2003 10:35 AM
To: celtics list
Subject: Rebounding / Time of Possession

I just don't buy it, Kestas.  I don't care how you many offensive
rebounds you give up.  You should have more than 64 shots in a game.
The Celtics' offense blows just as much as it did in the Antoine era.

"There's never been a good fast-break team in the history of basketball
at any level that wasn't a good defensive team and a good rebounding
team. Right now, we are a good defensive team up until the time we
challenge their first shot. After that, we have not gotten the job
done.''  -- Jim O'Brien

There have been hundreds of good fast break teams that couldn't rebound
or play good defense:  Doug Moe's Nuggets teams, Loyola Marymount, the
Don Nelson Golden State Warriors, on and on.  No team should ever score
71 points in a game.  You can run off turnovers, you can run off the
25-30 defensive rebounds we had, you can at least get into the offense
early by pushing the ball off made baskets.  The Celtics by every right
should have won that game.