Re: Rebounding / Time of Possession

--- You wrote:
I just don't buy it, Kestas.  I don't care how you many
offensive rebounds you give up.  You should have more
than 64 shots in a game.  The Celtics' offense blows
just as much as it did in the Antoine era.
--- end of quote ---

You'll get no argument from me if you're talking about the last 3 halves. But
before that it was better. And while giving up a lot of offensive rebounds
(and, thereby, time for possessions) doesn't _in_principle_ prevent putting up
a lot of shots (after all, you could shoot 3 seconds into the shot clock), it
makes it much more difficult to get _enough_ decent shot opportunities. That is
why, under real-game conditions, the Celtics put up only 64 shots.

--- You wrote:
There have been hundreds of good fast break teams that couldn't rebound or
play good defense:  Doug Moe's Nuggets teams, Loyola Marymount, the Don Nelson
Golden State
--- end of quote ---

We're not in the '80 or early '90s, Josh, nor are we in the NCAA. The league is
a little different now.
Kestas