why did we re-up OB?

"I refer you to the recent post by Stephen Beauregard, entitled "Bad timing
once again... trying to "shove Obie and his
>best two players out the door"? " , in reply to the news that Larry Brown
had resigned as Sixers coach." --

Hey, Snoop, I said it before and I'll say it again...why did we re-up OB? So
far I am unimpressed with DA. Why resign OB? He is under contract and damn
lucky to have a job running a team, imo. Is there anyone out there, BUELLER?,
looking to steal him, ala Jimmy Rodgers? Don't think so. Especially when all
DA did was criticize the C's for their BORING play every time he called a game
on TNT.

Fact is DA came into this situation with hand. HE could have put
coaches/players on notice. He came in with power. So what does he do? He says
his first priority is re-upping OB. He had no urgency or need to do that. If
that was his wish he could have done that at any point next season or this
summer. Brown was the perfect fit for the C's 6 years ago and he still is. He
makes chicken salad out of you-know-what.

Then he says he WILL not trade Twoine. Why is that? Twoine win a title, win
the MVP? His numbers improving? Have they stopped decreasing? Unless Chris
Wallace has donned a #44 uni I don't get what I see. Maybe someone else can
explain.

BTW, I did not realize I was trying to "shove Obie and his
>best two players out the door"? I think you need to be let outside, Beagle.
All I'm saying is why commit to OB and Twoine when you did not have to?
Especially this early in the process, when you think the style of play is
b-o-r-i-n-g. If you think a style of play is not working then it is either the
fault of the coaches and/or players. If htat is your belief, you certainly
don't reward the two most responsible for it. No?

Peace...out!

Thanks,

Steve
sb@maine.rr.com