Re: why did we re-up OB?

----- Original Message -----
From: Stephen Beauregard <sb@maine.rr.com>

> All I'm saying is why commit to OB and Twoine when you did not have to?
> Especially this early in the process, when you think the style of play is
> b-o-r-i-n-g. If you think a style of play is not working then it is either
the
> fault of the coaches and/or players. If htat is your belief, you certainly
> don't reward the two most responsible for it. No?

Stephen...I couldn't agree more. Look, we can all argue about what we think
the problems are with this team. But the owners obviously think this team
was on the wrong track. Otherwise, why hire DA? Why would DA take the job if
he wasn't given full control to make the moves he wanted. Nobody can say
that DA has ever expressed any great admiration for Antoine or OB. The
owners want it done. DA wants it done. Changes have to be made. Danny hates
the way the team plays and hates Antoine's game. He's said that the team
can't win with both AW and PP on the same team. Why the hell would this guy
come in and promise the status quo? Now, promises are made, and promises are
broken.. But does anybody really believe that DA thinks there isn't a better
coach available? Did this guy actually take the job planning to keep both OB
and Antoine? This thing is really hard to figure unless he's lying about
Antoine. If Antoine has any value at all he's gone this summer. I'm
obviously not in favor of moving him unless you get the right deal but I'm
going to guess that my idea of the right deal and DA's (along with almost
everybody on this list) might not...coincide. So dump him and start over. I
don't want to see someone else with full control come in and blame everybody
else but themselves for failure. Pitino was a big boy and controlled his own
future. To be honest, blaming anybody but Ricky for his own pathetic
performance is absurd. The players quit, Antoine's fat....etc. You don't
like things and you have full control make changes. People do it all the
time all over the NBA. If you make the wrong moves over and over
again...your fault. I don't want to hear anything from DA about his hands
being tied by whomever...how somebody else has ruined things for him when he
crashes and burns. It just seems like he could've kept all his options open
instead of extending OB. Antoine? So he lied. Big deal. It happens.

Paul M.