In a message dated 5/15/2003 10:16:27 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Celtics-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

>     I also believe we'll see a good point guard and a real center - I saw
> every game Danny played for the Celts - he's feisty and nobody will be
> telling
> him what to do.  If he's in charge, he'll be in charge.  Give him and the
> team
> a chance - please?

Well he might pick a real point..but a center?

First off who counts as a real center? I can't think of anyone we could
reasonably get to upgrade the Center slot. I would fairly shocked if we
drafted a useful center at 16..though it could happen.

As far as free agents go Brad Miller I think has been exposed as overrated...
Alonzo Mourning is crippled, and Elden Cambell seems lazy.

Tony Battie isn't half bad..he is capable of outplaying some of the centers
of our playoff opponents in the east. He runs the court well, blocks shots,
shoots free throws well, gets rebounds. Too bad his knees are going bad. I
consider him real.

Developing a good small forward (hopefully Kedrick) and getting a good point
is key. I would hope for an upgrade at PF to match up better with beasts like
Ben Wallace, Jermaine O'Neal and K-Mart.... But DA has shot down that idea.

Maybe we could just draft Nick Collison and play Walker less. Another option
that the Celts will probably go with is to get a real PF and play him at
center..

On the plus side DA was hinting at the piss poor development job OB/Pitino
has done..with Joe Johnson playing much better in Phoenix and Billups
becoming a stud.

Pete