Re: in denial

--- You wrote:
 This
irrational hate of Antoine (perpetrated by Gene and
Mark and Kestas and damn near everyone else), combined
with this apparently reliable notion that we won't get
any better with Antoine on the team, has got to stop.
--- end of quote ---

I think it's very rational. It's based on a seven year experience and a major
downward trend in Toine's stats under the Obie regime, without even arguing
about what we'been seeing during Celtics games.

--- You wrote:
There is no proof either way (though the fact that
we've got in the playoffs, which teams with MORE
talent, such as Atlanta and Toronto, would love to
claim, should be some justification of that we're not
totally inept).
--- end of quote ---

Atlanta and Toronto are a mess. We're not. That's enough to make the playoffs
in the EC, and proves absolutely nothing about Toine's prospects of improving
this team with his play. Is he physically capable of doing it? Absolutely! Will
he do it? Based on the last seven years, my prediction is, absolutely not. Now,
if you think that a seven year history and sliding stats are not good
predictors of future performance, you are either very biased, very naive, or a
member of Twan's posse. I just hope Ainge knows the saying: "Those who forget
history are doomed to repeat it".

--- You wrote:
this
hate of Antoine, stemming I'm quite sure from outdated
notions of what a basketball player "should" be, needs
to stop.
--- end of quote ---

Sure, "outdated notions" like shot selection, rebounding, defense, and baiting
refs into a league-leading number of technicals should not be used in
evaluating players. Instead, we should evaluate players based on their wiggling
skills and how many threes they take early in the shot clock.
Kestas