Re: in denial

What up, Kestas.  My reply is below.  I didn't respond
to every point...mainly because they weren't points,
per se :)

--- Kestutis Kveraga <Kestutis.Kveraga@dartmouth.edu>
wrote:
> --- You wrote:
>  This
> irrational hate of Antoine (perpetrated by Gene and
> Mark and Kestas and damn near everyone else),
> combined
> with this apparently reliable notion that we won't
> get
> any better with Antoine on the team, has got to
> stop.
> --- end of quote ---
>
> I think it's very rational. It's based on a seven
> year experience and a major
> downward trend in Toine's stats under the Obie
> regime, without even arguing
> about what we'been seeing during Celtics games.

A downward trend that coincided with Obie's hiring and
two trips to the playoffs.  So are the declining stats
a testament to Toine's ability (or lack thereof) or a
statement to Toine's williness to adapt his game to a
manner that is more conducive to winning?
Furthermore, is the increased role given to Antoine
after the hiring of Obie (and maintained the last two
years) the reason why Toine's stats are down?  As you
can see, the "facts" can be argued in many ways....but
you've quit arguing facts....you've done what Dorine
called you on doing....you repeated the same nonsense
enough that you've started to believe it.

> --- You wrote:
> There is no proof either way (though the fact that
> we've got in the playoffs, which teams with MORE
> talent, such as Atlanta and Toronto, would love to
> claim, should be some justification of that we're
> not
> totally inept).
> --- end of quote ---
>
> Atlanta and Toronto are a mess. We're not. That's
> enough to make the playoffs
> in the EC, and proves absolutely nothing about
> Toine's prospects of improving
> this team with his play. Is he physically capable of
> doing it? Absolutely! Will
> he do it? Based on the last seven years, my
> prediction is, absolutely not. Now,
> if you think that a seven year history and sliding
> stats are not good
> predictors of future performance, you are either
> very biased, very naive, or a
> member of Twan's posse. I just hope Ainge knows the
> saying: "Those who forget
> history are doomed to repeat it".

Yeah, but we were a mess until Antoine was given the
keys.  And that does speak to Antione's ability of
getting this team to improve.  And if you wanna give
up on a player after seven years, then you've just
given up on Jordan.

> --- You wrote:
> this
> hate of Antoine, stemming I'm quite sure from
> outdated
> notions of what a basketball player "should" be,
> needs
> to stop.
> --- end of quote ---
>
> Sure, "outdated notions" like shot selection,
> rebounding, defense, and baiting
> refs into a league-leading number of technicals
> should not be used in
> evaluating players. Instead, we should evaluate
> players based on their wiggling
> skills and how many threes they take early in the
> shot clock.
> Kestas

Nah, the "outdated notions" were pertaining the
underlying manner in which you interpret reality.

Ryan