At 06:14 PM 3/11/2003 -0500, you wrote:
And as a much as folks on the list are willing to write  K. Brown off, .he is
still a young player.. McCarty was an awful player for the majority of his
career and he is only now starting to make a contribution. And thats no
exaggeration..I think people tend to forget just how BAD McCarty was. You
want to talk about clueless? That guy practically wrote the book and now , I
have to say I have been genuinely impressed with his play from time to time.
I remember how bad McCarty used to be. He was so bad I think I called him the stupidest player I've ever seen on the professional level. But McCarty, for all his stupidity, had one thing over Kedrick: he never lacked energy or desire, something Kedrick has yet to exhibit to a significant degree. That's what bothers me. He doesn't make a lot of stupid mistakes, he plays very good D, yet is so timid, he's basically a non-factor on offense. Never mind his (missing) shot, which probably is also the result of lack of confidence. With his athletic ability, he should score 10 ppg just on hustle alone - putbacks, alley-oops and such. Yet he doesn't. He just saunters about, never sprints on fast break, never takes initiative on offense.

You mention Bremer. Bremer also looked timid initially, playing a few minutes at the end of blowouts. Yet, when he got his first real opportunity, he seized it and never let it go. Some of it is maturity, sure. But most of it is just the strength of his conviction that he _belongs_. With Kedrick, everybody in the gym knows that he belongs on an NBA court - except him. I hope he grows out of it, and I hope he'll still be with us if he does, but I'm less and less convinced it will happen.
Kestas