Yahoo! Sports

 Cecil (cecil@hfx.eastlink.ca) has sent you a news article

Personal message:

Even your Olympic coach see it. He should watch a few of our games.
Stafford is a dork though.

Yahoo! Sports
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-76ers-fines&prov=ap&type=lgns

Yahoo! Sports

Welcome, Guest
[Sign In]

Yahoo! - Help

[IMAGE] News [IMAGE] Finance [IMAGE] Sports [IMAGE] Entertainment

[IMAGE]
Click here for a FREE Diet Profile!

NFL

MLB

NBA

NHL

NCAA Men's Hoops

NASCAR

Golf

Horse Racing

More...

Fantasy

Shop

NBA Home

Scores & Schedule

Standings

Stats

Teams

Players

Injuries

Brown and Iverson fined for criticizing officials

March 11, 2003

NEW YORK (AP) -- Philadelphia 76ers head coach Larry Brown and guard
Allen Iverson were each fined $7,500 by the NBA on Tuesday for
criticizing referee Derrick Stafford.

Following Philadelphia's 14-point loss to the Los Angeles Lakers on
Sunday, Iverson claimed Stafford had a ``vendetta'' against the 76ers.
Stafford called two technical fouls against the Sixers, and referee Joe
Forte called a third, during one stoppage of play in the third quarter of
the Sixers' 106-92 loss.

``I don't think we had a shot after that. It is just frustrating,''
Iverson said. ``I think that referee, Derrick, has a vendetta against us
and it was evident today. We weren't able to talk to him at all. When we
asked about things, he gave us smart comments and pretty much juked us.''

[IMAGE]

Brown echoed Iverson's comments.

``One of the officials has it personal for some of our players and if
that wasn't the greatest forum to see that, nothing is. He's been
personal with us for a long, long time,'' Brown said.

The fines were announced by NBA vice president Stu Jackson.

Updated at Tue, Mar 11 2003, 8:38pm ET

Email to a Friend | View Popular

Weekly Specials

7

Fast Tax Refund! File online with TurboTax. For the WebSM

7

Find Old Friends at Classmates.com

7

Access Your PC from Anywhere

7

Lower your monthly house payments

7

Dick's Sporting Goods

7

Planning to Sell or Buy a Home this Spring?

7

Fogdog

7

The Sports Authority

 Recent News

Heat 77, Cavaliers 75

Wizards 106, Magic 105

Hornets 81, Pacers 71

 Yahoo! Shopping

Copyright ) 2003 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy - Terms
of Service - Help - Ad Feedback
Copyright ) 2003 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. The
information contained in the AP News report may not be published,
broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without the prior written authority
of The Associated Press.