From: owner-celtics@xxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-celtics@xxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
Peter Delevett
Sent: Friday, July 25, 2003 10:09 AM
To: celtics@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Baffled and bummed

Maybe I have an irrational regard for Travis Best's
abilities - I've been hoping since last season that
he'd be a Celtic - but I just don't understand this
Mike James thing.

He is the same size as Bremer.

He has nearly IDENTICAL numbers to Bremer ... except
for the fact that he turns the ball over more often
and shoots for a much lower percentage on threes.

What about getting someone who could mentor Banks?
What about getting a pure PG? And if you just want a
6'2 undrafted combo guard, WHY NOT USE THE ONE ALREADY
ON OUR ROSTER? Madness.

On top of which, Ainge doesn't need to go around
pissing off agents. Best had made it pretty clear he
didn't intend to take a minimum offer, so maybe Ainge
just cut his losses. But to not even make a courtesy
call to inform Best's rep? That's not good business,
in any business.

Mike James
Position:  G
Height:  6-2 Weight: 188
College: Duquesne
2002-03 Statistics: PPG 7.8; RPG 1.; APG 3.2; SPG .82;
TOPG 1.38; BPG .06; FG% .373; FT% .732; 3P% .294; MPG
22.1

J.R. Bremer
Position:  G
Height:  6-2 Weight: 185
College: St. Bonaventure '02
2002-03 Statistics: PPG 8.3; RPG 2.3; APG 2.6; SPG
.59; TOPG .92; BPG .05; FG% .369; FT% .766; 3P% .353;
MPG 23.5