Re: [Celtics' Stuff ] Fords Insider Article

I don't know why anyone is surprised by Ford's opinion. I comment regularly
how he has hated the Cs. Here we get 3 guys in the top ten of the Reebok Summer
league and we don't get one positive mention or retraction on previous
statements about a poor Ainge draft.

Yet, Ford continues with his favorites on his future prognostication. He
still loves the Pacers although they have lost personnel and have to be worse than
last year and even they admit they need a point guard. Of course he loves
Detroit just because they were in the ECF last year. We would have smoke them if
we would have played them. And they haven't added one guy who will help them
win NEXT year. Orlando added Howard but I don't see how Howard and  Gooden are
gong to play together since they play the same position. He helps but not that
much. That's Ford's top five with the best of the rest being the Cs and
Philly. Funny thing is that I think Philly is going to be much improved with the
addition of Dog, Salmons and getting out from under the iron fist of Larry
Brown.

My early picks

1) Nets - obviously the best by far
2) Cs - they were the second best team last year although their record didn't
show it (we have taken both Philly or Detroit if we had to play them in the
playoffs). Adding Banks, uptempo some cheap but quality depth although with a
skinnier Walker will help boost them. Still, Obie will be bound to his Obieball
and none of the depth or uptempo will matter.
3) Detroit - Didn't add any help short term except if they sign Elden who
will help a little. He is getting pretty old. Plus, I don't see how adding Larry
Brown is going to help the offense. Their continued defense will keep them in
the 3 spot.
4) Philly - It is still early and I don't know who is going to be their 4 and
5. However, Salmons, AI and Dog will rack up a lot of points. I think they
will really take off with their new found offensive freedom by the departure of
Larry Brown.
5) NO - These guys are solid but they just get older every year. They didn't
do anything to improve but they still have enough talent to reach this
position.
5) Orlando - They haven't solved the point guard problem with Lue or Gaines
over Armstrong. However, I will give them a small boost with the addition of
Howard and with O'Grady taking it up another notch.
7) Chicago - I hate doing this but they got enough quality veterans to blend
with their rookies, especially with Chandler who really started to pick it up
at the tail of the season.
8) Raptors - I think Bosh will help out but these guys need a new mix.
8) Wizards - They lose Michael but gain Arenas. Maybe this is the year that
KBrown takes off.
8) Indy - I never saw what people liked about this team. They have no point
guard, their shooting guard is obviously running on fumes and reputation, their
small forward is bordering on the edge of sanity (although I wish he was on
the Cs) and they just lost their center. They got one big time player in O'Neil
who really doesn't have a go-to move.Why would that idiot Ford still love
them? Ford may have the inside stuff but they don't make you a great evaluator of
teams....

DJessen33