Re: Clarification on Hunter

At 03:40 AM 7/22/2003 -0700, gene kirkpatrick wrote:
So, what's the deal with Bremer? I hope the first game (28 points) was the real Bremer and that he was out of shape (which I doubt)

Didn't look it to me. He's bulky anyway - very chesty with muscular arms- but muscle bulk not fat.

or pressed by the loss of time to Banks, or just over-confident after a good first outing and blew it. But he blew it in 4 consecutive games afterward. I like him, his toughness, his ability to score--but I can't say he's as important as last year.

I think that's part of the problem - confusion about his role/status. On top of the ups and downs of last season - they haven't picked up his option yet, they've brought in someone else to be the young PG in training, his shot was off (it was streaky last season) so he wasn't even contributing as a 2, and Marcus is quicker and just as persistent as a defender. He's probably had a jolt to his confidence defending the much quicker Marcus in practice too. Last year's summer league he came in knowing exactly what they wanted and what he had to do - convince them he could play PG - with basically the not ready for prime time Omar and Forte for competition. This one? "They've seen me playing the PG but they publicly slot me as a 2 then play me at the PG as a sub for everyone's new favorite, so what do they really want from me, and about that contract...." Tough kid, so I think he'll get over it - someone made what I thought a really good comparison to David Wesley during the season and there were plenty of similar questions about David in his first couple of years - just maybe not with us. Especially if we bring in a veteran PG. 'Cause Delk's under contract for a couple of years and not going anywhere, and that's the other slot even though he's not a PG either (and even less of one than JR).

Kim