Re: Hunter a Euro?

<Every comment about the rooks seems to be negative, as if his (Obie)
job is to kill their dreams  > - Tyler

Obie isn't exactly a high personality guy. If he attended a neighborhood
cookout, I would likely consider him a down-at-the-mouth, no-fun,
moody kind of guy.

Brandon Hunter was projected to go around 45th in the draft. Was
it a coup obtaining him with a 56th pick?  The Songaila for Hunter
trade makes no sense ... like why bother?

I am sympathetic to your hopes for and frustrations with 2nd-
rounder Hunter.  He appears to have been a really good college player
and it would be great if he came off as a Danny Fortson with a superior
shot.  Unfortunately, my feeling is that Hunter could average 20 points
and 15 rebounds per game in the prove-nothing Summer League, and
it still wouldn't mean diddly.   Who is the last 6 ft. 6 inch guy who
mastered the PF position in the NBA? And I don't want to hear
B-A-R-K-L-E-Y ...  he was in a class all by himself.

Obie told the truth - our thin roster, projected to be 13 players, has
little room for the likes of a Brandon Hunter.  If you were Ainge with
only one or two openings, wouldn't you prefer to sign a more proven
vet for just a few more vet. min. $$$?  You know, so we can sort of look
decent while marking time till our complete makeover comes one year
from now.

Egg