Re: Shammond

Assuming a healthy Bremer and Delk at the deadline, a Shammond trade makes
great sense, but only if you find just the right fit. You don't want to take
on a contract for a player that won't fit the team. That was the great thing
about the Rogers/Delk deal-it was a perfect fit for last year's team.

I'll throw out one example of a deal that works that would make sense for
both teams-Shammond and Bruno to Memphis for Shane Battier and Robert
Archibald. Memphis gets salary relief. Battier has become a role player
there, and clearly isn't a starter in the future, since it's obvious that
Gasol and Gooden have greater potential. Archibald is a throw-in to make the
numbers work.

For Boston, they add a young, more skilled, Eric Williams. Battier brings
intangibles and a team-first approach, a willingness to fill in the gaps
around Pierce and Walker, the ability to play three positions. He can come
off the bench now, and eventually be the replacement for EWill when EWill's
contract is up.

Anyway, it's just an example of the kind of deal you might be able to do
under the right circumstances. If Bremer and Delk are healthy and playing
well, I'd explore every avenue with Shammond.

Mark