Re: Shammond

Good thinking. I hope you and others throw more ideas out
there with likely suitors.

It may be too big a loss of face for Memphis to dump a
recent lotto pick and college POY that cheaply. They'd
probably seek a first rounder to go with Shammond (and
that might be asking too much).

But there are other guys who are further into their NBA
careers (the Walt Williams type guys, or whatever) who
could move under the radar without causing much local
outrage.

Besides, can Battier even shoot threes? ;-)

How about this one. Shammond Williams & co. for Rodney
Rogers! Jason Kidd's backup is still on the fat farm, and
Rogers has been a flop in the Nets system. Shammond shot
lights out against the Nets in the first meeting this
year. It would be like a "do over", under our new owners.
We take Rodney back and then he torches Dikembe in the
ECF!

Shammond trade makes
> great sense, but only if you find just the right fit.
You don't want to take
> on a contract for a player that won't fit the team.
That was the great thing
> about the Rogers/Delk deal-it was a perfect fit for
last year's team.

> I'll throw out one example of a deal that works that
would make sense for
> both teams-Shammond and Bruno to Memphis for Shane
Battier and Robert
> Archibald. Memphis gets salary relief. Battier has
become a role player
> there, and clearly isn't a starter in the future, since
it's obvious that
> Gasol and Gooden have greater potential. Archibald is a
throw-in to make the
> numbers work.
>
> For Boston, they add a young, more skilled, Eric
Williams. Battier brings
> intangibles and a team-first approach, a willingness to
fill in the gaps
> around Pierce and Walker, the ability to play three
positions. He can come
> off the bench now, and eventually be the replacement
for EWill when EWill's
> contract is up.
>
> Anyway, it's just an example of the kind of deal you
might be able to do
> under the right circumstances. If Bremer and Delk are
healthy and playing
> well, I'd explore every avenue with Shammond.
>
> Mark

L'e-mail gratuit pas comme les autres.
NOMADE.FR, pourquoi chercher ailleurs ?