Cecil.Wright@JUSTICE.GC.CA writes:

> << Besides, if we are gonna
>
> deal him, it may be to our advantage to wait and see
who is trying to make a

> playoff run, is hit with the injury bug or wants to
dump salary later in the

> year. >>
>
> Cecil - Good idea to hold off on Shammond till we make
sure Delk is healthy
> and Bremer is real.  I understand lots of teams would
like to dump salary, but
> are WE willing to add an additional $2 mill next season
for Shammond's
> trade replacement?  The new owners may just prefer to
dump his $2 mill salary
> at the end of this season.
>
> Eggy

Yes Cecil, made lots of good points about Shammond that I
agree with. And there is still time before the trade
deadline. Let's see what Shammond can do.

I do think Boston's bench scoring deficit (and
rebounding) may be our downfall in the playoffs, unless
we address it by picking up a veteran off the bench like
we did with Rogers/Delk last year.

Its fairly rare to have a tradeable commodity who isn't
even part of the rotation right now. That's what Shammond
is right now (third string on the depth chart).

Nothing against him, but he's possibly more valuable in
trade than he is to our playoff chances. I hope I live to
eat my words, of course....

Because Boston is capped out through the life of Baker's
contract, the only way to add veteran depth is through
trades of this genre.

But Egg makes a great point. Why would the owner's add a
contract for an expiring one (unless it could translate
into a run to the Finals)?

The Celtics already have a 53 million payroll with just
7  guys under contract next summer.

We'll see how this plays out. Boston will probably be
over the luxury threshold anyway, once the two first
rounders are signed.

I do think Boston is one dependable, night-in-night-out
10ppg bench scorer or rebounding machine away from having
a real chance in the playoffs.

If we could get the equivalent production that Rodney
Rogers gave us last Spring, we'll have ourselves a
serious contender overnight.

We've got two "rookies" who are starting to produce, and
who might not hurt this veteran team on defense. Waltah
is having his best season as a pro, with prudent shot
selection and rarely making brain lock plays out there
these days.

You add another veteran scorer/rebounder to a playoff
bench that might already have Tony Delk and a resurgent
Vin Baker (plus Kedrick Brown), I think we can actually
neutralize the bench firepower of NJ and Indiana.

If Chris Wallace can pull something off, he'll save his
job in my eyes despite the Vin Baker fiasco.

L'e-mail gratuit pas comme les autres.
NOMADE.FR, pourquoi chercher ailleurs ?