Re: Shammond..

In a message dated 1/21/03 4:37:10 PM, Cecil.Wright@JUSTICE.GC.CA writes:

<< Besides, if we are gonna

deal him, it may be to our advantage to wait and see who is trying to make a

playoff run, is hit with the injury bug or wants to dump salary later in the

year. >>

Cecil - Good idea to hold off on Shammond till we make sure Delk is healthy
and Bremer is real.  I understand lots of teams would like to dump salary, but
are WE willing to add an additional $2 mill next season for Shammond's
trade replacement?  The new owners may just prefer to dump his $2 mill salary
at the end of this season.

Eggy