Darius Songaila

Being a Wake Forest graduate I was happy when the C's drafted Darius.  I had
watched him for 4 years and felt he could help the C's THIS YEAR.  However,
the powers that be determined that he should spend a year or two in Europe.
Of course, my opinion of the powers that be is very low.  In any case being a
long time Celtic fan and a present NBA DirectTV package holder I don't have
the same enthusiasm watching this team than I have in the past and even
question whether I will continue this sub next year.    This constant 3 ball
barrage is boring to say the least.    I never understood the Baker trade re
the money factor.  We basically traded the same salary amount but instead of
being rid of a salary next season we are now encumbered for the next 4 years.
Granted we got a pivot player for a point guard but we also cap strapped now.
Didn't make much sense to me when the trade was made and now even makes less
sense seeing how Baker has played so far.

Getting back to Darius, at least the Celtics still hold his rights.  He could
have provided toughness down low and he has good offensive tools.  Hopefully
the C's will have him on the roster next season.

I have been a Celtics fan since 1948 and in all those years I haven't been as
depressed with this team as I am now and there were a few bad teams during
that era.  This team is not much fun to watch for the most part and the
future, at least to me, appears pretty dim.  The only possible salvation is
that there are new owners.  However, even that optimism is tempered by their
statements of support for Wallace, Papile, and O'Brien.

John