Re: JB

<Now, he's MY "highly touted" Pepe? When he was leading the
Argentine team, at the world games, it was your pal; Tammo, who
was claiming credit for discovering(on these eclectic/elastic
boards), this thick legged, slow footed, wizard of a ball
handler/passer. > - JB

>Forgive me for going personal, JB, but you rotten little miserable,
>cowardly, velvet-voiced, fibbing, slimeball cretin. And if you
>are not more careful, I may well be forced to remove the
>sugar-coating from all future finger-pointing expeditions.

>You know damn well you have been salivating over Pepe for
>several seasons now and during that time I have never heard
>not one PEPE PEEP out of Tammo about thick or thin legs.

>It must have been WayRay.

>>Egg

I was just going to let JB's original post slide, but since Egg responded,
(in the way only Egg can do <wink>)....I guess I should say something to
clear the air.

Egg, I think JB is upset at me because I brought up an old post of mine to
prove that he wasn't the only fan around here that prefers true point guards.
I reminded him that when the Celtics were dropping huge hints that they were
seriously considering Keyon Dooling, I posted the names and stats of about
half a dozen "real point guards" that I thought would be better.  Do you
remember my "I think I'll go postal" response to one of Leo's quotes that at
least one member of the board didn't take too kindly to?  I had to defend
myself by saying I had two sisters and two brothers-in-law that worked for
the post office and it was a common saying around our family.  Anyone who has
had the PLEASURE of working for the post office knows why.

Anyway Pepe Sanchez was on the list, although I also said the Celtics
shouldn't take any of them with the pick (#11?) they had.  It really was a
poor year for point guards.  I still believe Keyon Dooling isn't a point.
He's a skinny slasher/scorer/athlete.
He's done nothing with the Clippers to change my mind.
It seems JB took offense to my post here and that is where this response is
coming from.
I have no problem if he wants to call him my Pepe Sanchez, although I really
don't remember saying anything about the guy, good or bad, after that post.

FWIW, Pepe's strength is in distributing and handling the ball.  He's never
been a very good shooter but can get to the basket.  He was doing very well
at penetrating and dishing during the World Championships.  He averaged 4.2
assists in just 17 minutes a game (to just 1 turnover per game I might add).
He's not quick, but he is pretty sly with the ball and has a reputation of
being a very good defender.
  He was also shooting well from the perimeter during the games (7 of 11), so
maybe he has improved in that area.  He is probably not well suited for a
running game but could be valuable to a half court team...like he was at
Temple and with Argentina.
I wouldn't write him off just yet.