Re: Kedrick Brown Showcased For Portland?

"hironaka@nomade.fr" wrote:

> Portland also has their own JC project in Quintel Woods,
> who rarely plays but scored on three alley oops this week
> against the Bulls. Scottie Pippen was recently quoted
> saying that Woods shows good point forward skills in
> practice.

Right, but essentially apples and oranges though with Brown and Woods,
as
Kedrick is more of a SG, than the defensively less-inclined SF Woods,
who's bigger and has a better all-around game than Brown.

> We might see some of Zach Randolph tonight, especially if
> Dale Davis (the latest Blazer to go AWOL) is an unlikely
> scratch.

The Blazers are the inverse of the Celtics: Big, Athletic, and
Acrimonious.
C's = Small,. Stationary, and Happy Campers.

> One thing Portland has in terms of tradeables (besides a
> lot of disgruntled pointguards)are guys that come off the
> cap soon.
>
> I didn't realize this until now but tonight's opponent
> has some big names who will clear the cap soon. Although
> Paul Allen's team have fully twice Boston's payroll at an
> atrocious 106 million this season, 42 million of that
> clears this summer (Dale Davis, Bonzi and Pippen)

Whoops, but Bonzi and Dale have more years to go, and
Bonzi signed a 3 or 4 year deal recently.

> and
> another 33 million comes off the cap next summer (Shawn
> Kemp and Rasheed Wallace).

Wallace probably gets an extension, especially if this latest success
carries over.

> As wasteful as that
> organization has been (Derek Anderson will make 10
> million in 2006-07), they have a rebuilding or restocking
> opportunity right now, with nine players coming off the
> cap this summer. Who knows which way Paul Allen will go.

Allen's been dumping dead wood capital, so perhaps he'll economize.

> If anybody, we should be "showcasing" Vin Baker in a big
> way tonight.

Be serious, he's here for almost the duration.

> I wish Derek Anderson didn't have such a
> ridiculous contract, since he's a Kentucky guy and we
> know the Celts thought or still think highly of him. My
> general impression is that he's like a Sprewell without
> any of the baggage.

Anderson was Rick Pitino favorite.
Ray