Re: Kedrick Brown Showcased For Portland?

Portland also has their own JC project in Quintel Woods,
who rarely plays but scored on three alley oops this week
against the Bulls. Scottie Pippen was recently quoted
saying that Woods shows good point forward skills in
practice.

We might see some of Zach Randolph tonight, especially if
Dale Davis (the latest Blazer to go AWOL) is an unlikely
scratch.

One thing Portland has in terms of tradeables (besides a
lot of disgruntled pointguards)are guys that come off the
cap soon.

I didn't realize this until now but tonight's opponent
has some big names who will clear the cap soon. Although
Paul Allen's team have fully twice Boston's payroll at an
atrocious 106 million this season, 42 million of that
clears this summer (Dale Davis, Bonzi and Pippen) and
another 33 million comes off the cap next summer (Shawn
Kemp and Rasheed Wallace). As wasteful as that
organization has been (Derek Anderson will make 10
million in 2006-07), they have a rebuilding or restocking
opportunity right now, with nine players coming off the
cap this summer. Who knows which way Paul Allen will go.

If anybody, we should be "showcasing" Vin Baker in a big
way tonight. I wish Derek Anderson didn't have such a
ridiculous contract, since he's a Kentucky guy and we
know the Celts thought or still think highly of him. My
general impression is that he's like a Sprewell without
any of the baggage.

forwards.
> But perhaps there's more of an ulterior motive for
> playing Kedrick. The NBA Trading Deadline after all
> is February 20th, and if they are planning to deal
Brown,
> now is the time to start showcasing him. Then there's
> the added bonus of spotlighting him against the Blazers,
> a team that had a great deal of interest in Mr. Brown
> in the past, and may be re-interested, since his
acquisition
> price has dovetailed due to the coach's inability to
find him
> minutes, and the injuries he suffered. For the Big Man
> despondent Celtics, a player like Zach Randolph may hold
> a lot of interest, though it will take more than the
likes of
> Brown to get him.
> Ray

L'e-mail gratuit pas comme les autres.