Obie vs. Baker

Ho hum.  I continue to feel that Obie is stubborn and oh no -
vindictive.  I also continue to feel that Wallace and Papile
have seen our team one way while Obie has seen it another way.
I even equate Obie's dissenting position in this administration to
Colin Powell's uneasy position in the Bush administration.  But
whereas Powell has chosen to give in rather than resign, Obie has
chosen to NOT give in and to NOT resign.  Hmmmm... can he
continue to have it both ways?

Does anyone here really think Baker's timely heart palps are due
to a life-threatening heart ailment?  Does anyone here think that
the Baker meeting with the new owners, his dad, agent, and
shrink had any purpose other than to boost his morale and
attempt to put him on the right track?  And more importantly,
does anyone here think it odd that his concerned coach Obie has
not been directly in touch with Baker for one week while all this
was taking place?

In this ongoing soap opera, due to some weird act of God through
some unspecified personal reason,  Battie will not be playing
tonight.  Perfect timing.  If the owners and Wallace have been
successful in finally pressuring Obie into going against his nature
and forgiving/pampering/playing/catering to Baker, we just might
finally see a whole new and improved Baker who starts and
finishes against Seattle.

Tonight certainly presents a dramatic opportunity for Baker to
begin defeating his demons, showing his wares, and proving Obie
wrong.  I am rooting for Baker to have a good game, like maybe 14-8
against Seattle.  But If he doesn't start rising to the surface now
after reaching the bottom of his honeymoon V curve, the chances
are that he is permanently damaged goods and that Obie has been
right all along in realizing that Baker cannot and will not ever
come through.

Admire him for it or diss him for it, but Obie is anything but a team
player.  If Obie were smarter/more expedient than he is stubborn/
vindictive, he would realize that no matter how badly Baker plays,
that due to his contract Vinny will likely be with the Celts a lot
longer than he will.

Use it or lose it, Obie.  But just don't keep straddling the middle.
And hey, Dude, this just may be your lucky day.  I hereby freely
and without malice will hand you a crisp new $100 bill right now
if you will just admit to Hironoka  "I Obie have maybe been a
bit vindictive."

Eggy