re: Baker... from the Seattle P-I

From : "Berry, Mark  S" < berrym@xxxxxxxxxxxx >

It's not Frank Hughes, but I'm sure this guy has a vendetta against Vin
Baker too...
Heh. Probably not, but I'm beginning to think you do, Mark. (Actually, to tell you the truth, I'm past "beginning" to think it.) It *is* nice to see some written evidence other than Frank Hughes or Bill Simmons from the "Dis Vin" crowd. Didn't read the article, because I've really had my fill of the topic of Vin Baker. Actually, I want to know what's really going on, and I'm annoyed at the speculation and lack of coherent information in the media, or, really, anywhere. But maybe, just maybe, if you post enough to some sports, email list, it'll translate into some actual real-world action. Don't hold your breath. though.

P.S. Is this whole "heart palpitations" thing just the most ridiculous load
of crap you've ever seen? Once again, they assume we're all idiots, and once
again the PR firm proves they ARE idiots.
Of course. It cannot be possible that this guy has a medical condition. Completely impossible. Not even in the realm of possibility.

I rue the day we signed Vin Baker. Both for the combination of his lack of performance and his huge salary, but also to what it's done to the level of discourse in Celtics circles. As in Seattle, the topic at hand is almost always Vin Baker. Vin Baker not feeling well. Vin Baker not performing well. Vin Baker' heart, or lack thereof. All this for a guy playing under ten minutes a game. I'm getting sick and frickin' tired of Vin Baker.

And part of what I'm really tired of is this idea that Vin Baker must be goldbricking. To all of you jumping to conclusions and saying that it's a truism that Vin Baker isn't competitive and is scared, or running like a little girly-man away from his former team, I say you might be right, but pretending like you know it for a fact is irresponsible.

Paul Gaston delenda est.

Bird