Comments on the team, not Vin

O.k., getting back to the game... Why did the C's look good against
Seattle and horrifying against Detroit(both successful teams this year)?

On offense I think it's because Seattle double teams, giving the C's
crisp ballmovement.  The layups and 3's are open and have a chance to
fall.  Detroit on the other hand plays hard nose man to man, and our 3's
are contested.  Also against Detroit, when Paul doesn't see quick
double's, he stops passing it back out after driving, and stagnates the
offense.

On defense, the C's collapsing semi-zone works well against teams with 1
on 1 stars, who haven't adjusted to the new
rules(Seattle,Philly,Orlando).  But we're killed over and over by
ballmovement teams with mediocre talent(Detroit, Charlotte).

The moral is there are holes in the Obie/Harter philosophy.  The Celts
should try man to man against teams with no postup/slashing game.  The
coaches should recognize that if Paul is being outmuscled and defended
well by a single defender(Lynch/Curry), switch to pick and roll instead
of the isolation offense.

P.S.
It was nice to see Delk and Shammond knock shots down.  Delk was the
more dependable shooter even at the start of the season when they were
both doing well.  Since Shammond isn't a stopper like the other two
pg's, I'd vote for the Shammond/Mihm trade rumor, followed by a
replacement bomber like Barros to be 11th man.