Re: 8th Baker Trade

before)....

> Baker & Philly's #1 for Damon Stoudemire
>
> Why would Portland do this?
>
> a.  More time for Antonio Daniels, Jeff McInnis.
> b.  Baker gives them 6 fouls/game for the playoffs
> c.  Essentially this trade is Philly's #1 pick for 1
less year of a
> bad contract (Stoudemire has 2 years left, Baker 3 on
essentially the
> same contract).
>
> Stoudemire could at least run the point for us,
allowing us to trade
> Delk/Shammond for another player(s).

Vin Baker would be a better fit in Portland, a team which
is used to running plays for bigger, plodding centers who
can pass out of double teams.

I don't really know much about Stoudamire's game these
days. He hasn't gotten much playing time lately. :-)

Basically, if Chris Wallace wants to cut his losses, they
are going to have to take on long-term max contract guys
parked on the end of a team's bench. We're talking
Gugliotta type guys. At least Damon Stoudmire has a shot
at being productive as a sixth man sparkplug or starter
in the Van Exel mode, even if his contract is just as
atrocious and as impossible to move as Vin Baker's
(although I don't know the details).

But its not going to happen right now, with rumors of
retirement and "lightheadedness". He needs to put
together a string of strong games, at which point the
Celtics might not be smart enough to sell high.

L'e-mail gratuit pas comme les autres.
NOMADE.FR, pourquoi chercher ailleurs ?