Re: First move

        That's going to bother me all season. But as a first move, does anyone
        disagree that they should use a 13th roster spot and bring in a REAL
        point guard?>>Steve and Michelle Ouellete

Hey, I'm gonna be the stubborn one here who thinks that the coach really doesn't want
the offense to originate from the PG position.

He's seen what Kenny's done and doesn't see that Baker, Battie or Walker are guys who
are going to the hoop without the ball.  Pierce never has.  I believe he envisions an
offense for this season that originates with the ball in the low post and either
kicking out to one of three solid jumpshooters or else pivoting in for a layup.

Obie's got to get a few new guys integrated into the Harter defense, which, I believe,
is considered by all here to be a pretty solid fundamental style.  For him to utilize
a good PG with passing and penetrating skills, WHILE integrating Baker, would be a
huge change in our established offense.

So, this is the season where the Captains learn to share the ball with Baker, and the
PGs just get the ball over half court.  Getting Vin the ball with 15 sec on the clock
still leaves us with plenty of options from the post, including a whole squad of three
point shooters if the Caps are doubled.

When everybody buys into sharing, the coach implements a bit of motion NEXT season,
with a PG or two who can create.

It ain't pretty, but Obie saw two personalities who don't trust their teammates.  This
is the season to break that mindset without disrespecting their talents.  It doesn't
seem a bad risk to me.

But, oh, I'll miss the sweet alley-oops, rare as they were.