Re: Thought son the sale

        But I'm in the pessimistic group that says the trade will turn out to be a
        disaster and the team will suffer for it. And that's when the window will be
        there to make changes.

        We'll see. This is a huge year for everyone-the captains included. If things
        don't go well, the new owners could change management, and you never know
        what will happen then. >>Mark Berry

I'm so used to agreeing with you, Mark, that this is a tough call.

Obie got more out of this team from Day One.  It could be that he's the Anti-Pitino,
so the guys would play harder for him in contrast, but even if the defense was the
most noticeable improvement, you have to admit that this team never gave up all season
long.  I'll give Obie credit for that.

I'll also keep hoping that he took over this team with the understanding that there'd
have to be some phasing in of philosophy;  the problems weren't just Pitino, but the
lack of a realistic style of play for years.  Walker was the biggest problem, having
gone from a "play to lose" program to one designed to win.  The lack of a legit
center's the next problem, but Baker could turn out to be one of the top 3 in the
East.  The rest can be this transition year where they finally move Twan to the SF
spot (look how the roster's balanced) and begin to use guys with some size and
space-making ability in the post.

Next year, the true PG comes in and finds Easy Baskets for these guys.  Could it
really be a 5-year plan put together by Wallace?  I mean, the picks washing out is one
thing, who could think that the plan called for Kandi or Duncan, when the chances were
so slim and out of their control?  Discussions with Baker were known to take place a
longer time ago, so they've had the opportunity to reverse course if the fit didn't
seem right.

I'm trying to look at what's been done in that light and hoping that there's still a
Plan B if Baker doesn't work.  One good thing is the return of MJ, which will
strengthen the coffers and possibly mitigate the effects of the Lux Tax, if it's
imposed at all.